Médecins Sans Frontiere (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF employes 40,000 staff worldwide and arranges thousands of meetings, conferences and learning events every year in order to facilitate debate, discussion, decision taking and knowledge sharing.
Studies show that a higher level of productivity at meetings result in greater levels of work satisfaction and effectiveness. As part of a wider knowledge management initiative to increase feedback loops regarding the quality of face to face events (which MSF currently does orally or with online surveys), MSF Operational Centre Brussels is testing HappyOrNot smiley terminals.
The HappyOrNot service was introduced in September 2017. The HappyOrNot smiley terminals were used in 4 different settings:
- Large meetings (35+ attendees) to gauge satisfaction;
- Trainings (less than 30 attendees) to assess effectiveness and usefulness;
- Business units providing services (e.g. reception) to encourage interaction, gather feedback;
- Daily briefings to gather feedback on effectiveness.
Hundreds of feedbacks were collected from the employees in the first months. The feedback pointed towards trends and allowed event organisers to investigate the two most important aspects:
- The precise outcomes of the meeting or training;
- The process by which those outcomes were attained.
- Consulted the MSF Operational Centre Brussels in meeting and employee satisfaction.
- Helped MSF to bridge the meeting methodology of the organisation with the use of the HappyOrNot services.
- Reviewed and analyzed the HappyOrNot results jointly with MSF and provided recommendations on future steps.
The WorkLife HUB is an authorized reseller of the HappyOrNot Smiley Terminals in Belgium. To learn more about HappyOrNot please visit our dedicated page. To find out directly how we could support your organisation in improving meeting, employee or customer satisfaction please do get in touch.